IT Field Service Technician - Sabine, TX
US Field Service Techs
- Close Date
- 28 Feb 2019
Are you a driven IT professional with strong technical skills and a proven track record for maintaining positive client relationships? Do you possess sound judgment with the ability to resolve complex business issues?
CompuVision currently has a unique opportunity for an individual to display his or her technical skills while providing superior customer service.
Why work for CompuVision?
Our employees are what make CompuVision so successful. We are innovative, creative, and strategic professionals who believe that work and life should be balanced. The work we do is complex, creative, and rewarding, with endless opportunities for growth within the company. With offices in different locations, those with the desire to travel and work in a different city have that opportunity with CompuVision.
CompuVision wants to acquire and retain the best talent in the field. To do this, we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and generous vacation entitlements. We also make your work-life balance a priority. We entrust our employees to set their own goals and work independently and this trust lends to a friendly, respectful, and strong corporate culture where like-minded team members come together to work collaboratively. CompuVision attracts those with the desire and drive to become the best in their field; our staff like what they do, and who they do it with.
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, and work together to create successful results. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
CompuVision is currently looking for a Blended IT Field Service Technician in Sabine, TX. Responsibilities include, tape backup, troubleshooting and repair of workstation, server, and network at a chemical plant. Equipment to be serviced includes Lenovo & Dell workstations, Cisco network hardware and IP phones, IBM and Lenovo servers and DEC Vax hardware.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot Desktop, Server and Network issues
- Deploy new PCs, Servers, and networking equipment
- Receive and respond to escalated tier 2 support requests
- Respond to desk side and remote support requests for end users
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and improve upon our technology standards to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
Special skills, knowledge and ability:
- Relevant IT experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Dedication to provide problem resolution and resolve tickets in real time to meet the SLAs.
- Strong technical mindset
- Proficient with standard Office Suite of Applications
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must possess your own vehicle, valid driver’s license and appropriate business-class insurance
- High School Diploma
- Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline preferred
- Windows 10 operating system training preferred
- A+ Certification (preferred)
CompuVision offers the following comprehensive benefits options:
- AETNA medical plan (coverage depending on state of residence)
- Urgent care access (walk-in or over the phone)
- Personal health advocate access
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supplemental benefits through Hospital Buffer Program
- Flexible Spending Account option
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability protection
Relocation assistance and sponsorship will not be provided. Customer service training is mandatory and provided.
We are certain that you will find your association with our company a rewarding and pleasant one. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply directly at www.compuvision.biz/careers
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CompuVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer