Human Resources Generalist - Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 31 Mar 2019
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will provide exceptional customer service to internal clients, ensure that CompuVision staffing needs are met, and assist in working towards CompuVision’s strategic plan related to Human Resources. This position will be responsible for full cycle Human Resources processes, with a large focus on recruiting and retaining great employees. Assists the Human Resources Consultant with ensuring that HR programs, policies and processes are in alignment with overall company strategies.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
- Provide day-to-day support and coach employees and managers on HR related topics as needed and required taking into account relevant CompuVision policies, employment law, and HR best practices.
- Areas of coaching include compensation, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, employee wellness, and policy interpretation.
- Full cycle recruitment, including:
- Prepare job descriptions and design job postings to successfully attract candidates for Canadian and United States employees.
- Post job advertisements and organize incoming resumes.
- Review resumes and shortlist for prescreening process.
- Prescreen and forward appropriate resumes to hiring managers.
- Participate in interview process, analyze suitability and make recommendations for pursuing candidates.
- Initiate background checks, if applicable.
- Complete thorough reference checks.
- Prepare offer letter and welcome documents.
- Maintain regular contact with hiring managers.
- Utilize appropriate recruitment sourcing strategies and build strategic industry contacts to build a candidate pipeline.
- Administer and facilitate onboarding/orientation and offboarding processes for all employees.
- Setup and maintain employee files; distribute pertinent information to the Payroll department. Administer the Group benefits plan.
- Perform and coordinate activities related to compensation, including maintaining pay bands and facilitating annual compensation planning process.
- Guide and coach supervisors through progressive discipline process for entry to mid-level positions, including the development and delivery of performance improvement plans and/or progressive disciplinary strategies on employee relations issues up to and including termination.
- Support the development and implementation of company forms, policies and procedures.
- Prepare required Human Resources metrics and reports (including monthly HR reports, turnover metrics, headcount metrics, recruiting statistics, ad-hoc reports) as required.
- Support the introduction, training and participation in Human Resources related programs, such as Employee Training and Development, Rewards & Recognition, Performance Management, Annual Compensation Review, etc.
- Lead the company safety program, ensuring compliance with OH&S requirements.
- Promote Human Resources best practices and maintain a high level of knowledge regarding applicable employment laws.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Foster positive morale and live company values. Set the example to follow for customer service.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully. Maintain a level headed and respectful approach, even if faced with a difficult team interaction
- Collaborate with all CompuVision departments to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Continuously improve process and procedure to provide superior service
- Provide or facilitate timely responses and guidance for requests.
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- CPHR designation is required.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Human Resources.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related Human Resources role.
- Knowledge of employment standards and legislation as it relates to Human Resources.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment, flexible to change, independent and highly self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening skills and a clear and open communication style. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities from several stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record for excellence in customer service.