IT Service Desk, Level II - Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 31 Mar 2019
The IT Service Desk, Level II's (Infrastructure Support Analysts - ISA) are primarily responsible for providing mid level technical assistance and support to CompuVision clients. Specializing in supporting our client’s network and communication infrastructure the ISAs are responsible for ensuring high uptime and stability related to network connectivity, VPN and offsite connectivity, phone system integration and reliability, and documenting new/updating changed information in our knowledgebase.
An additional ISA role is to serve as an escalation point for our Remote Services Team who require higher level technical expertise in running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions within a moderate scope of support, as well as mentoring and assisting junior technicians.
Part of working at CompuVision means you must embody our company DNA and Noble Promise. On a daily basis we expect all employees to be Responsive, Dedicated, Prepared, Talented, United and Authentic. Our Noble Promise is “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others”. What that means is that by achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently also achieve success.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of standards and processes that produce a predictable result for the customer. You must be aware of and maintain our standards.
- Receive & respond to escalated service requests, incidents and change requests in a timely manner
- Be familiar with Fortinet hardware, software and firmware.
- Possess a comfortable familiarity with firewall configuration, routing protocols, and wireless AP configuration and limitations.
- Demonstrate technical troubleshooting skills commensurate with 1-3 years of experience in a service or help desk or environment.
- Train and educate CompuVision clients on technical standards.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week every 3-4 months)
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Post-secondary training in Network Administration or Computer Systems Administration, or at least 2 years’ experience with a Managed Services Provider (MSP) in a tier 2 technical capacity.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCTIP (in progress or completed)
- At least 2 years relevant IT experience fully supporting and building SMB environments.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Routing and Switching
- Virus and Security
- At least 2 years’ experience with virtualization technologies