IT Field Technician - Vancouver, BC
- Close Date
- 30 Apr 2019
Are you a driven IT professional with strong technical skills and a proven track record for maintaining positive client relationships? Do you possess sound judgment with the ability to resolve complex business issues?
CompuVision currently has a unique opportunity for an individual to showcase his or her strategic planning and leadership skills regarding our technology standards while also managing on-site and remote requirements.
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, plan strategy, and work together to deliver exceptional results. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
Part of working at CompuVision means you must embody our company DNA and Noble Promise. On a daily basis, we expect all employees to “Be Curious”, “Go Beyond”, and “Serve As One”. Our Noble Promise is “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others”. What that means is that by achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently also achieve success.
This position will report into the Head Office located in Edmonton but will be based in and have responsibilities for service in Vancouver, BC.
The ideal Field Technician candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Strong technical skills
- Proven track record of maintaining positive client relationships
- Sound judgment around complex business issues
- Desktop, Server & Network hardware break/fix and deployments
- Receive & respond to escalated tier 2 support requests
- Respond to desk side & remote support requests for end users
- Attend regular onsite client check-ups to ensure top quality service is being delivered.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and improve upon our technology standards to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Ability to manage both on-site and remote requirements to efficiently resolve issue.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting and building SMB environments
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSE or MCITP, VMware VCP, Fortinet FCNSA or Cisco CCNA are an asset
- Demonstrated intermediate to senior level expertise in IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Diagnostic skills for technical issues
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly and follow directions well
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Commitment to company values
Must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and appropriate business-class insurance
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.