Sr. Application Support Analyst - Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 30 Apr 2019
The Sr. ASA technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to CompuVision SD Techs related to computer systems, hardware, or software. They are also responsible to respond to external client inquiries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions with a limited scope of support. In addition to this, the SD3 Technician is accountable to the tier 1&2 team to assist with technical escalations that stretch beyond the tier 1 and/or 2 scope of support.
Part of working at CompuVision means you must embody our company DNA and Noble Promise. On a daily basis, we expect all employees to be Responsive, Dedicated, Prepared, Talented, United and Authentic. Our Noble Promise is “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others”. What that means is that by achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently also achieve success.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of standards and processes that produce a predictable end result for the customer. You must be aware of and maintain our standards.
- Provide end user support to inbound email requests from CVS clients.
- Triage inbound service requests from CVS clients and determine the appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.
- Receive & Respond to tier 1-2 escalations
- Use the “Issue identification” model to identify problems with client computers.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware & software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve computer problems.
- Tier 3 server & Network device management.
- Resolve technical problems with WAN & LAN issues
- Follow-up with clients to assure issue resolution
- Escalate issues to Sr. Analysts as required.
- Train and educate CompuVision employees on technical standards.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week every 3-4 months)
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Post-secondary training in Network Administration or Computer Systems Administration, or at least 5 years’ experience with a Managed Services Provider (MSP) in a tier 2 technical capacity.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCTIP (in progress or completed)
- CCNA (in progress or completed)
- Fortinet NSE 4 (in progress or completed)
- At least 5 years relevant IT experience fully supporting and building SMB environments.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Routing and Switching
- Virus and Security
- At least 2 years’ experience with virtualization technologies