IT Field Technician - Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 28 Jun 2019
Are you a driven IT professional with strong technical skills and a proven track record for maintaining positive client relationships? Do you possess sound judgment with the ability to resolve complex business issues?
CompuVision currently has a unique opportunity for an individual to display his or her technical skills while providing superior customer service.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
The ideal Field Technician candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Strong technical skills
· Proven track record of maintaining positive client relationships
· Sound judgment around complex business issues
· Troubleshooting Desktop, Server & Network issues
· Deploying new PCs, Servers, and networking equipment
· Receive & respond to escalated tier 2 support requests
· Respond to desk side & remote support requests for end users
· Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
· Analyze and improve upon our technology standards to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting SMB or enterprise IT environments
· Demonstrated intermediate level expertise in supporting IT applications, as well as computer, server, and network hardware
· Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Exceptional oral and written communication
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly and follow directions well
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
· Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
· Commitment to company values
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSE or MCITP, VMware VCP, Fortinet NSE or Cisco CCNA are an asset
Must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and appropriate business-class insurance
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.