IT Business Analyst- Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 30 Sep 2019
As a CompuVision Business Analyst, you will provide value to the business and its clients through comprehensive process analysis, documentation and control, and continual improvement of business process. The Business Analyst works closely with various departments within the business and client organizations to proactively identify opportunities for business efficiencies and collaborate on their implementation.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we server our clients with honesty, energy, humility, and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
- Interview end-users and stakeholders to develop our understanding of business goals and objectives, day-to-day processes, and pain-points related to IT.
- Document and present data to support recommendations for process improvement.
- Develop presentation documents for the Onboarding process that summarize technical information for new CompuVision clients.
- Assist the Onboarding Analyst with preparing and maintaining new client documentation.
- Create comprehensive process documentation.
- Document/map as-is processes
- Document/map to-be processes
- Update processes documents/maps as required
- Advise projects teams and act as the subject matter expert for the implementation of process improvements.
- Collect and maintain a comprehensive library of documented processes.
- Develop templates to support the execution of confirmed processes.
- Support review of process outputs to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Assist in the maintenance of template documents ensure a consistent branding scheme.
- Promote a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Be a leader within the company; foster positive morale and live company values. Set the example to follow for customer service.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully. Maintain a level-headed and respectful approach, even if faced with a difficult customer or team interaction.
- Collaborate with all CompuVision departments to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Continuously improve process and procedure to provide superior service.
- Provide or facilitate, timely responses and guidance for client requests.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the products and services we offer, as well as the evolving state of technology.
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Completion of an accredited 2-year post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems/Engineering or Business.
- 3-4 years of relevant industry experience.
- 2 years of experience in Business Analysis and knowledge of processing modelling and appropriate modelling tools.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructure, applications and processes.
- Technical writing experience will be considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- A proven track record for excellence in customer service.