IT Service Desk -Level 1- Edmonton, AB
Canadian Field Service Techs
- Close Date
- 30 Aug 2019
Based out of the CompuVision Head Office in Edmonton, AB, the IT Service Desk - Level 1 is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to CompuVision clients related to computer systems, hardware, or software. They are also responsible to respond to client inquiries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions with a defined scope of support.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
- Provide end user support to inbound phone requests from CVS clients.
- Triage inbound service requests from CVS clients and determine the appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.
- Use the “Issue identification” model to identify problems with client computers.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware & software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve computer problems.
- Tier 1 server & Network device management. (Connectivity issues & New user setup)
- Resolve technical problems with WAN & LAN issues
- Follow-up with clients to assure issue resolution
- Escalate out of scope issues to RSA II team.
- Train and educate CompuVision clients on technical standards.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week every 3-4 months)
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- At least 1-year practical experience in a technical support position or recent technical education experience in a post-secondary environment.
- At least 1-year demonstrated experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows 7, 8, & 10
- Microsoft Office Suite (2010 & Newer)
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
▪ Active Directory
▪ Terminal Services
▪ Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013
▪ Office 365
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.*