Information Technology Procurement Specialist I - Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 31 Oct 2019
The Procurement team is responsible for generating revenue by responding to our customers’ product requests with accuracy, timeliness and an understanding of CompuVision’s standards. The IT Procurement representative will need to comprehend and interpret technical requirements, probe for delivery deadlines, provide technical information, set expectations, and build relationships with our customers.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the business in a variety of activities. These include quoting and order processing, communication, invoicing, administration, shipping/receiving and inventory management. Your keys to success will be to develop a rapport with customers, process orders quickly and accurately, drive repeat business, troubleshoot roadblocks, and deliver excellent overall customer service.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
- Provide a timely response and guidance to client requests
- Prepare purchase orders, sales orders and deliver quotes for products through ConnectWise or other established processes
- Manage the purchasing and receiving process within ConnectWise or other systems
- Work with the finance and accounting department to ensure accurate and timely submission and payment of invoices
- Work with vendors to maintain viable, positive relationships
- Provide detailed product information to the customer, sales or Strategy team when preparing quotes
- Perform the RMA process to procure replacement products from manufacturers and vendors or refund
- Return defective equipment to manufactures and vendors for replacement or new purchase
- Maintain product listing, with price and cost information, in ConnectWise or other systems
- Escalate manufacturer and vendor grievances as needed
- Receive incoming and ship outgoing products
- Utilize ConnectWise or other process to record products received and shipped
- Stock specified products in warehouse and release to customers as needed through the service ticketing process
- Maintain and manage product inventory in ConnectWise or other systems
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management processes.
- Attend training & team meetings as required.
- Coordinate and organize activities with the accounting, finance, and the service desk departments to ensure proper product purchasing and receiving processes are in place
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the development and evolution of the OrderDesk role
- Responsible for entering all time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Other duties as required
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- High School diploma and/or relevant working experience
- 1-3 years of Procurement experience in Information Technology
- General understanding of SMB networks and what their needs are
- In-depth knowledge of IT products
- Proficient with general office applications
- Process driven and attention to detail: accuracy in performing procurement responsibilities
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.*
Apply directly at www.compuvision.biz/careers