IT Field Service Technician - Vancouver, BC
- Close Date
- 31 Oct 2019
Are you a driven IT professional with strong technical skills and a proven track record for maintaining positive client relationships? Do you possess sound judgment with the ability to resolve complex business issues?
CompuVision currently has a unique opportunity for an individual to showcase his or her strategic planning and leadership skills regarding our technology standards while also managing on-site and remote requirements.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
This position will report into the Head Office located in Edmonton but will be based in and have responsibilities for service in Vancouver, BC.
This position will be 75% remote and 25% field work.
The ideal Field Technician candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Strong technical skills
- Proven track record of maintaining positive client relationships
- Sound judgment around complex business issues
- Desktop, Server & Network hardware break/fix and deployments
- Receive & respond to escalated tier 2 support requests
- Respond to desk side & remote support requests for end users
- Attend regular onsite client check-ups to ensure top quality service is being delivered.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and improve upon our technology standards to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Ability to manage both on-site and remote requirements to efficiently resolve issue.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting and building SMB environments
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSE or MCITP, VMware VCP, Fortinet FCNSA or Cisco CCNA are an asset
- Demonstrated intermediate to senior level expertise in IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Diagnostic skills for technical issues
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly and follow directions well
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Commitment to company values
Must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and appropriate business-class insurance
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.*
Apply directly at www.compuvision.biz/careers