IT Network Operations Center Engineer- Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 31 Dec 2019
Are you a driven IT professional with strong technical skills and a proven track record for maintaining positive client relationships? Do you possess sound judgment with the ability to resolve complex business issues?
The NOC Team is responsible for ensuring CompuVision’s customers fully experience “The CompuVision Way”. Leveraging our standard technologies and process, coupled with our people and corporate structure, we deliver a unique end result for our customers. Our clients will experience increased employee productivity, predictability in capital and operating expenditures, reduced downtime and risk.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
As a NOC Engineer, you will be responsible for minimizing client downtime by: responding to automated server and network alerts, efficiently troubleshooting outages, and ensuring servers and network devices are configured to standard. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing various types of backup solutions, performing emergency file restores, and performing proactive maintenance on clients’ hardware.
In order to ensure an exceptional result, you will need to have a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities our customers face and how our teams as a whole combine to deliver our promise. Providing services in a proactive, professional manner while ensuring key parties are kept informed is critical. We are a data driven company and analysis for decision making and overall strategy is ongoing.
Part of working at CompuVision means you must embody our company DNA of Be Curious, Go Beyond and Serve as One; and believe in our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others”. What that means is that by achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently also achieve success.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of standards and processes that produce a predictable end result for the customer. You must be aware of and maintain our standards.
- Respond to server and network alerts within our established SLAs.
- Perform initial troubleshooting for any alerts received.
- Communicate with the client any time an alert has the potential to cause an interruption in service.
- Monitor success and failure of supported backup solutions
- Identify recurring issues and initiate problem tickets
- Make recommendations for improvements of supported hardware and software.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate resource if a resolution is not found.
- Manage hardware and software contract renewals in a timely fashion.
- Perform proactive maintenance tasks on servers and workstations as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and up to date timesheets.
- Attend training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week every 3-4 months)
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Post-secondary training in Network Administration or Computer Systems Administration, or at least 2 years’ experience with a Managed Services Provider (MSP) in a tier 2 technical capacity.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows (all versions)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 2 years of experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
- SMB or Enterprise firewalls
- Enterprise class backup solutions.
- Backup Exec
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted. *
Apply directly at: www.compuvision.biz/careers