IT Service Desk Technician, Level 3- Edmonton, AB
- Close Date
- 31 Dec 2019
The Level 3 Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing senior level technical assistance and support to CompuVision internal and external clients related to computer systems, hardware, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions. In addition to this, the Level 3 Technician is accountable to the tier 1 and 2 teams to assist with technical escalations that stretch beyond the tier 1 and 2 scope of support.
Culture is an integral part of working at CompuVision. Our company DNA represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
Driven by curiosity, we seek to listen, to learn, and to understand, preparing ourselves now and for the future
We are dedicated to delivering exceptional workmanship and results in order to earn the trust of our clients and peers
Serve as One
Individually impressive, collectively outstanding, together we serve our clients with honesty, energy, humility and respect
Our Noble Promise - “The Relentless Pursuit for the Success of Others” - Is the driving force behind our values and the reason we do what we do. Achieving success for those around us, we will subsequently achieve success.
The “CompuVision Way” is our set of people, process and technology, that produce a predictable result for our customers. You must be aware of, and maintain this standard, understanding that it is a living guide; Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and the needs of our clients.
- Receive & Respond to tier 1 and tier 2 escalations.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware & software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve computer problems.
- Advanced server & network device management.
- Resolve technical problems with Servers and network devices.
- Follow-up with clients and technicians to ensure incident and problem resolution.
- Train and educate CompuVision tier 1 & 2 technicians on technical standards.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation during the course of incident resolution, and through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Facilitate & attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (2 weeks every 7-8 weeks).
- Assist with overflow service requests during peak periods.
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Degree or Diploma in relevant field (nice to have, would accept experience over education)
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCTIP (Current)
- Demonstrated experience in Cisco, Fortinet, VMWare and
- Minimum five years relevant IT experience fully supporting and building SMB environments.
- Demonstrated senior level expertise in
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Windows Server
- O365 / Exchange / Active Sync / smtp
- Active Directory
- GPO deployment and maintenance
- Firewalls and Switches
- Anti-Virus and Security Software
- Hyper-V & VMWare
- Windows RDS & Citrix
- File permissions and file inheritance
- SQL Database and permissions
- PowerShell scripting
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Root cause analysis
- Previous experience in a Managed Services environment
- Must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license.
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.*
Apply directly at www.compuvision.biz/careers